Teri and Tamara have given us many signs of unhealthy boundaries in ourselves and in our relationships. Are you identifying with any of them in your life? Here are a few more:
- Taking as much as you can get for the sake of getting
- Giving as much as you can give for the sake of giving (people pleasing)
- Allowing someone to take as much as they can from you
- Letting others direct your life
- Letting others describe your reality
- Letting others define you
I have not personally completed this book but it was a recommendation from a client who felt it was helpful: Boundary Power: How I treat you, How I let you treat me, How I treat myself (Workbook), by Mike O'Neil and Charles Newbold. Joleen will finish up tomorrow with more signs and a recommendation. Thanks for reading.
*Natalie Chandler, MA, LMHC, LCAC is a therapist at Imagine Hope Counseling Group. Natalie enjoys doing marriage counseling, individual counseling, and couples counseling. We also specialize in family counseling, child, and adolescent counseling. Imagine Hope serves the Indianapolis area including the surrounding areas of Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield, and Zionsville.