As Teri mentioned yesterday, it's good to know the signs of unhealthy boundaries to know if you are ever crossing the line, or if someone else ever crosses the line. Do you see the following in yourself or another?
- Being sexual because your partner wants to be, not because you want to be
- Going against personal values or rights to please another person
- NOT noticing when someone else displays inappropriate boundaries
- NOT noticing when someone invades your boundaries
- Accepting food, gifts, touch, sex, etc... that you do not want
- Touching a person without asking
The book recommendation for today is Boundaries in Dating, by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend. Thanks for reading and please check back in as we have 2 more blogs that cover unhealthy boundaries, and 2 more book recommendations!
Written by: Tamara Portee MA, LMHC, LCAC
*Tamara enjoys doing marriage counseling, individual counseling, & couples counselingat Imagine Hope. We also specialize in family counseling, child & adolescent counseling. Imagine Hope serves the Indianapolis area, including the surrounding areas of Carmel, Noblesville, Zionsville, Westfield & Fishers.