Ever felt completely exhausted in every area? Emotionally? Physically? Mentally? Like life is being sucked out of you just by opening your eyes in the morning.
Burnout happens to many people, but it doesn’t have to be a dead end road. This week Imagine Hope will go over burnout and stress and how to prevent it.
You might be suffering from burnout if:
- Simple tasks are overwhelming
- You have a lack of caring about things that are really important to you, and you just don’t have the energy to put anything into it
- Every day is a bad day
- You feel like you have nothing else to give
- Your stress is excessive and prolonged
- Caring about work and home life seems like a total waste of energy
- You are exhausted all the time
- The majority of your day is spent on either mind numbing or overwhelming tasks
- You feel under appreciated and that you don’t make a difference
Does any of this sound like you?
Check in tomorrow as we look at the difference between stress and burnout. Now take a breather and do something kind for yourself today to help you distress and avoid burnout!
Source: helpguide.org “Preventing Burnout”
Teri Claassen MSW, LCSW, LCAC is a licensed therapist at Imagine Hope Counseling Group. Teri does virtual therapy for residents of Indiana and Florida using videoconferencing technology. Teri enjoys doing marriage counseling, individual counseling, couples and relationship counseling. Teri also does family counseling and adolescent counseling.