As Tamara and Teri have shared this week, there are many signs of Hidden Anger. Are you relating to any of them? As Tamara mentioned, it is interesting how many of the signs are closely related to the same signs of Depression. That is because sometimes Depression is unresolved anger that we have held onto for a long time. Anger festers and eats away at our very core and creates psychological and physical changes in us. Here are some more signs for you to think about:
12. Slowing down of movements: When you notice yourself being slower than you usually are and on a regular basis, not just having one day that you are dragging.
13. Getting tired more easily than usual: It takes a lot of energy to carry around all that anger so you are going to feel it in your body.
14.Excessive irritability over trifles: Many people normally experience this after not sleeping well one night or near PMS. But we are talking about on a regular basis again.
15. Getting drowsy at inappropriate times: Again, Anger= less energy= more tired
16. Sleeping more than usual- maybe 12-14 hours a day. Are you seeing a pattern here with the energy level??
17. Waking up tired rather than rested or refreshed.
As you can see, these do go hand in hand with Depression. When you are feeling these symptoms, you may be starting to battle Depression because the anger is getting so intense. Continue reading tomorrow to find out the last 6 signs from Joleen. Thank you for reading.
*Natalie Chandler, MA, LMHC, LCAC is a therapist at Imagine Hope Counseling Group. Natalie enjoys doing marriage counseling, individual counseling, and couples counseling. We also specialize in family counseling, child, and adolescent counseling. Imagine Hope serves the Indianapolis area including the surrounding areas of Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield, and Zionsville.