Ways to Achieve Wellness Now that we understand the different components of wellness, how do we really work on adopting the concept of wellness into our lives?
- Have healthy habits on a daily basis: get good sleep, exercise, find ways of dealing with anger and tension where you aren't holding it in.
- Allow yourself to have dreams in your life and become visionary about your future. Sometimes having dreams where you are helping others in a significant way can help you feel more other-focused and allow you to focus on giving back to your community or to others.
- Find balance in work and play, caring for both body and spirit, and intimate relationships.
- Have fun and enjoy life!
- Try to make the most of your abilities (don't focus on what you "can't do", focus on what you do well!)
- Corey uses the acronym REDS: Rest, exercise, diet and spirituality. In other words, how we work, how we play, how we relax, how and what we eat, how we think and feel, how we keep physically fit, our relationships with others, and our spiritual needs.
Taken from: "I Never Knew I Had a Choice" by Gerald Corey
Joleen Watson, MS, NCC, is a therapist at Imagine Hope Counseling Group. She enjoys doing marriage counseling, relationship counseling, couples counseling, and individual counseling. Imagine Hope also specializes in family, child and adolescent counseling and serves Indianapolis area including the surrounding areas of Carmel, Noblesville, Zionsville, Westfield, and Fishers.