Stress comes in all forms and is an unavoidable part of life. Ideally the best thing would be to eliminate as much as you can, but when there is stubborn stress that keeps sticking around, there certainly are ways to cope with it. This week Imagine Hope wants you to look at these tips and pick several that seem doable to implement into your day to day life.
- Breathe!- An instant stress relief!
- Let go of things you can't control
- Live your life by the Serenity Prayer- God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
- Stay active and exercise
- Keep your mind focused on the present and just do the task at hand
- Practice a relaxation technique and do it regularly
- Find someone to talk to
- Laugh with friends
- Prioritize and do the most important things first
- Create a support system
- Limit your use of alcohol
- Learn to say "No" and don't feel guilty when you do!
Keep reading for more tips. We have many more to come!
Written by guest blogger Teri Claassen MSW, LCSW, LCAC
Teri Claassen MSW, LCSW, LCAC is a licensed therapist at Renewed Horizon Counseling. Teri does virtual therapy for residents of Indiana and Florida using videoconferencing technology. Teri enjoys doing marriage counseling, individual counseling, couples and relationship counseling. Teri also does family counseling and adolescent counseling. You can find Teri at renewedhorizon.com