Thank you Teri and Tamara for giving us descriptions of people who are unsafe. I again want to repeat what Tamara said- this is emotionally unsafe, not physically unsafe people. Here are more ways to identify them: 11. Unsafe people stay stagnate instead of growing
12. They avoid closeness instead of connecting with others
13. They are only concerned with "I" instead of "we"
14. Unsafe people are not empathetic
15. They resist freedom and independence for others instead of encouraging it
16. They flatter people instead of confronting or sharing their true feelings
Are you identifying anyone in your life? Do you see any of these characteristics in yourself?
*Source Safe People by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
*Natalie Chandler, MA, LMHC is a therapist at Imagine Hope Counseling Group. Natalie enjoys doing marriage counseling, individual counseling, and couples counseling. We also specialize in family counseling, child, and adolescent counseling. Imagine Hope serves the Indianapolis area including the surrounding areas of Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield, and Zionsville.