It is a new year which is often a time for people to look at their lives and set goals. Many pick goals to meet that involve health and wellness. Running the mini, eating healthy, doing an intense workout program, drinking less caffeine etc., each can work together to give you a goal of wellness. What is wellness?
Gerald Corey says the following about wellness in his book, "I never knew I had a choice":
- It is a lifestyle choice rather than a one time decision.
- Wellness is a process that involves identifying personal goals.
- It involves prioritizing your goals and values.
- Part of wellness means you have to make an action plan.
- It is about committing yourself to following through on your plans to reach your goals.
- It is a bridge between self-responsibility and love.
- We are in one energy system with everything else in creation.
This week we are focusing on wellness with the hopes that you will be inspired to pick the lifestyle of wellness in your life. Keep checking in all week to learn more about it and ways to achieve it!
Source: "I never knew I had a choice" by Gerald Corey
Written by Teri Claassen MSW, LCSW, LCAC
Teri Claassen MSW, LCSW, LCAC is a licensed therapist at Imagine Hope Counseling Group. Teri enjoys doing marriage counseling, individual counseling, couples and relationship counseling. Teri also does family counseling, child counseling, and adolescent counseling. Imagine Hope serves the Indianapolis area, including the surrounding areas of Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Zionsville, and Westfield.