What? Love TOO much? Is that possible?
- You might smother people and cling in a relationship because you "need" them so much.
- You might be devastated when a relationship ends.
- You might try to control others because of needing so much from them and try to change them to meet your needs.
- You often love others more than yourself. This results with you sacrificing your own needs to make everyone else happy.
- You tend to be more insecure and struggle with self-worth and self-acceptance.
- You might find yourself being taken advantage of or even in abusive situations.
- You might tend to settle for negative and hurtful things from others.
- You might disregard and rationalize your feelings to avoid conflict with others.
- You might give more in a relationship than your partner.
Written by Teri Claassen MSW, LCSW, LCAC
Teri Claassen MSW, LCSW, LCAC is a licensed therapist at Imagine Hope Counseling Group. Teri enjoys doing marriage counseling, individual counseling, couples and relationship counseling. Teri also does family counseling, child counseling, and adolescent counseling. Imagine Hope serves the Indianapolis area, including the surrounding areas of Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Zionsville, and Westfield.