There is nothing better than having a life lived with purpose and feeling joy and fulfillment from it. Teri and Tamara talked about the importance of observing others and ourselves when trying to find out what lifts us up. Today we will focus on 2 more steps: Step Three: Interview Yourself
It would be great to get out a pencil and paper to complete this exercise. Ask yourself some questions and be honest (you are the only one who will see it!)
1. Who do you look up to? Why do you look up to them?
2. What things do you feel you are good at or have potential of becoming good at? Usually this is something people compliment you on like being friendly, easy to talk to, good with kids etc.
3. What positive traits in your personality are unique to others? Are you kind, generous, outgoing, patient etc.?
4. Is there someone in your life that is doing something you would love to do? What is keeping you from doing it yourself?
5. What is something you could do that would make the world a better place? Everyone feels better when they give and help others.
Step Four Pray
Prayer is a great way to connect with God and allow Him to show you what He might have for you to do. You might also seek meditation. Finding time to create a calm, peaceful place to get quiet with our thoughts can give us room to see what might give us joy or fulfillment. Breathe deeply and picture calm and relaxation.
I hope these simple steps will help you find joy and fulfillment in your life. Tomorrow Joleen will lead us into one last step. Thank you for reading. May you have a joyful and fulfilling day!
Written by Natalie Chandler
Natalie Chandler, MA, LMHC is a therapist at Imagine Hope Counseling Group. Natalie enjoys doing marriage counseling, individual counseling, and couples counseling. We also specialize in family counseling, child, and adolescent counseling. Imagine Hope serves the Indianapolis area including the surrounding areas of Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield, and Zionsville.