When giving a Christmas gift to someone who likes to hear kind words, you have the chance for your creativity to come out! If you want to communicate your love in the most effective way to this person, you don't have to spend money at all. (Bonus!) Check out these suggestions if your partner needs to hear "I love you" through kind words:
- Say Thank You for all they do- actually make a list of all they do!
- Write a poem
- Don't just buy a card- make your own or at least write your own heart-felt message in it
- Leave them notes around the house and in their car
- Send them text messages throughout the day telling them how much you care for them
- Sing them a song that says just what you think about them
- Send them on a scavenger hunt where they find notes from you about why you love them
- Talk to them in a genuine way- more than just simple information exchange (make eye contact during the conversation)
- Use a bath crayon and write them a message they will find in the shower
- Compliment your partner
- Make a list of all the things you appreciate about them
Check back in throughout the rest of the week for more tips on how to say "I get you" this Christmas!
Written by Tamara Portee, MA, LMHC, LCAC
Tamara is a licensed therapist at Imagine Hope Counseling Group. Tamara enjoys doing marriage counseling, individual counseling, couples and relationship counseling. Imagine Hope serves the Indianapolis area, including the surrounding areas of Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Zionsville, and Westfield.